Honey Bourbon Butterscotch Caramels is a smooth soft caramel with butterscotch and bourbon finish. To Boost the flavors add butterscotch chips to the caramel mixture after cooking temperature is reached. Finishing with one ounce of Honey Bourbon liquor after caramel reached proper cooking temperature.
Being creative with caramels:
Caramels have so many possibilities, it’s totally endless leaving it up to your own imagination.
Start by adding ingredients to heighten the Honey Bourbon Caramels flavors. One excellent addition is pecan pieces to caramels, boosts flavor and adds a new complement texture.
Changing the type of liquor in caramel recipe can make dramatic flavor difference. By adding boiled apple cider reduction to caramel mixture while cooking gives a caramel apple profile. These caramels are so good tasting, you will think it’s a caramel apple.
Embrace the tasty soft caramel coated in chocolate, share with family and friends. This is wonderful recipe that will be used year after year, with so many asking for more of those honey bourbon butterscotch caramels.
To find more about how to make chocolates
|96 Pieces||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|35 Minutes||12 Hours|
If you love caramels then the Honey Bourbon Butterscotch Caramels are for you. The Butterscotch and Bourbon flavor just lingers as caramel melts in the mouth.
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 2 Cup brown sugar
- 14 Ounces Sweeten condensed milk
- 1 Cup corn syrup
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 12 Ounces Butterscotch Chips
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Ounce Honey Bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 Cup Pecan pieces Optional garnish
- Put the butter, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup and salt into 5 to 6 quart heavy duty pot. Stirring often as cooking over medium heat to prevent scorching bottom of pot. Bring the caramel mixture to a rolling boil.
- Brush the sides of the pot with water using pastry brush. This removes any sugar crystals forming. Continue boiling and stirring often.
- The sugar mixture will start turning a nice caramel color. Using an accurate thermometer watching carefully for temperature to reach 240 degrees. Then immediately remove from heat.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips, vanilla extract, honey bourbon whiskey. Also option add pecans or other nuts to caramel. Stirring until all add-ins are incorporated.
- Pour into a straight sided pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth caramel evenly over the pan. Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cut into 1 inch squares using sharp 12 inch knife.
- Temper chocolate, depending on preference dark chocolate or milk chocolate. This tempering machine handles 500 to 700 gram of melted chocolate and tempers to specifically to type of chocolate. And holds tempered chocolate at 87.5 degrees, stirring constantly.
- Dip caramel squares into chocolate using dipping fork. Place on parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with choice of toppings. My favorite is chopped pecans.
- Trimming off excess chocolate foot at base of coated chocolate using a pairing knife.
- Store in tightly fitted container the finished wrapped caramels with cellophane wrapping.
Add some pecan pieces to caramels with butterscotch chips, Honey Bourbon Whiskey.
To make Boiled Cider Caramels add 1/2 cup boiled cider and 1 tsp of Apple pie spice while cooking caramel mixture, when the caramels reaches 240 degrees add apple brandy liquor in place of the bourbon whiskey.