Fruit pizza is one of my all time favorite for spring and summer time desserts, it’s family friendly and can use so many of the fresh fruits available. The biggest problem is the cookie dough crust which is very tummy friendly but Smart Points add up way to quickly. So Fruit Pizza Flatout with only 4 Smart Points will be totally satisfying that dessert urge.
Inspired by the Weight Watchers weekly pamphlet that featured a Fruit Pizza using Flatout wraps. This sounded great, what a wonderful concept, but could I even get those Smart Points down even more and enjoy more fruit.
So with some modifications to recipe add more fruit to enjoy, find the right spread with fewer Smart Points was my goal. This is not an easy task, the original recipe used honey which has extra points. So finding a alternate sweetener that tastes good, boost flavor is the key to success. I have tried many different sweeteners, finding that aspartame is inexpensive, and works well for most as general sweetening that is not going to be cooked.
The spread that goes onto pizza needs depth, and have a good mouth feel on your palate. So my choice is greek yogurt, I used Chobani Simply 100 Vanilla blended Greek non fat yogurt and low-fat cream cheese. These two combinations works very well and if used sparingly will keep the Smart Points down low enough. By adding the right sweetener, some lemon zest and good vanilla extract came up with a total winner.
The next choice is picking out the right Flatout wraps, I picked the original Flatout which has good protein, lots of higher fiber and is only 2 Smart Points. Remembering the original recipe just put spread directly onto the Flatout, thats simple but lacked a good crunchy texture. To solve this by mixing 1/2 tsp Truvia Baking Blend with 1/8 tsp of cinnamon together as a cinnamon low- sugar to sprinkle on top of Flatout. Then by spraying the Flatout with canola oil spray lightly and baking in in 350°F oven for 5 to 6 minutes turned out crispy. Oh my God it was crispy and tasty you could eat this all by it’s self.
Fruit is most important point in pizza, with the right fruit in season makes all the difference. The berries are fresh and in season, red raspberries, blackberries, strawberries is a perfect seasonal choice. I always have a few bananas, oranges and even sometimes kiwi around to add extra colors and textures, and to make this an artistic edible creation.
One complete Flatout Fruit Pizza is only 4 Smart Points if you only put 2 tbsp of spread onto fruit pizza. Thats outstanding it’s a little hard to eat because crispy Cinnamon Flatout base, but it’s so good and very filling too. This will satestify your hunger for something sweet and also get your fruits in too, children will enjoy it too.
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese soften
- 8 oz Chobani Simply 100 Vanilla blended Greek non fat yogu
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 packets sweetner aspartame
- 1/2 medium lemon zest
- 8 sheet Flatout Light Flatbread Wraps, Low Fat, Original
- 4 tsp Truvía® Baking Blend
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cup strawberry sliced evenly
- 2 cup black berries sliced in half
- 4 medium banana sliced evenly
- 2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 cup pineapples peeled, sliced thin & cut into pieces
- Combine together the greek yogurt, soften low fat cream cheese, sweetener, lemon zest and vanilla extract in mixing bowl to make spread. Place in storage jar with good fitting lid. Because you only use 2 tbsp per Flatout Crust. Keep remainder of spread in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To make Cinnamon Flatout crust mix 1/2 tsp Truvía® Baking Blend with 1/8 tsp cinnamon until combine into cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar all over one Flat out. Then spray with canola oil evenly, with just light coat. Bake in 350°F oven for 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp.
- Place 2 tbsp of spread evenly onto Cinnamon Flatout Crust.
- Slice fresh fruit evenly and arrange fruit in artistically attractive manner. Enjoy the whole Fruit Pizza Flatout. Only 4 Smart Points.
Share this Recipe