Looking for light refreshing dessert with fresh berries, healthy Greek non fat yogurt? Then Berry Yogurt Tapioca Gelatin is perfect choice to satisfy your creating. If your counting Weight Watcher Smart Points this extra large serving is only 3 Smart Points.
Keeping ingredients to minimum:
My goal is to keep the key ingredients just to 3 or 4, with the optional extra add in ingredients. To do this sugar-free jell-o is great starting point. The only problem is texture is plain and boring. By adding just one key ingredient makes world of difference. Believe it or not minute tapioca changes the texture. Then adding some Greek Yogurt builds body and creamy element to this dessert. Finally by adding some berries to boost the flavors and develop the profile. This accomplishes keeping Weight Watcher Smart Points to minimum.
Making a light and creamy gelatin:
As a rule gelatin has uniqueness in texture achieving good mouth feel is important. Gelatin profile can achieve creamy texture in several different ways. The first path to creamy texture is using Greek non-fat Yogurt. This provides a concentrated dairy protein and tartness to the gelatin. But by just using yogurt will have very dense texture, which needs to be lightened. To achieve a lighter texture can be done several ways adding whipped topping like Cool Whip Lite. This adds some extra creamy texture and builds more fluffy texture.
Another possibility is to whip the gelatin at right consistency using whisk attachment on mixer. The key is to have the gelatin just about to gel forming stage before it becomes firm gel. Beating gelatin can almost double in volume becoming very light and fluffy. This is wonderful trick but is extra step and takes about 10 minutes to accomplish good results. Could this process be done in food processor or blender and get the same results? One thing for sure is adding Greek non-fat Yogurt and Cool Whip Lite works very well. But still the gelatin has somewhat of a dense texture. Beating air into the gelatin would be good step forward to achieving fluffy gelatin.
Being creative with flavors:
This recipe has infinite possibilities by changing the flavor of Greek yogurt and sugar-free gelatin can give endless possibilities. My rule of thumb is to go with flavors that are in season. Berries in spring, melons in summer, apples, pears in fall and citrus in winter. Putting a twist in flavors with herbs and spices, or some sweet wines or liquior really steps up profile. As example Adult tapioca dessert with some extra kick and different flavor profile.
|2 People||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|2 Minutes||4 Hours|
The Berry Yogurt Tapioca Gelatin is perfect choice in satisfying your sweet cravings without gilt. This is light and fluffy dessert with berry taste that’s only 3 Weight Watchers Smart Points.
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 Tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1 Box jell-o strawberry sugar-free gelatin
- 6 Ounces Strawberry blended Greek non fat yogu
- 1/2 Cup Cool Whip Light Whipped Topping
- 6 Pkt Equal Sweetener Optional if like sweeter taste profile
- 4 Tablespoons Ready Whipped Cream Spritz on top of desssert
- 1 Large strawberries Sliced and dried in microwave
- 1 tbsp chocolate sauce
- Soak the minute tapioca with cold water in 2 quart saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Bring the soaked tapioca in water to boil, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar-free gelatin to cooked tapioca whisking well until gelatin is dissolved into tapioca water. This should take about 1 minute to make sure gelatin is dissolved.
- Optional add extra sweetener if you like a sweeter profile.
- Chill yogurt tapioca gelatin mixture over ice bath. Stirring often until become cool and thicken. This should look like thick heavy cream consistency.
- Blend the tapioca gelatin in blender on medium speed for 45 seconds. This will aerate tapioca gelatin making nice and fluffy.
- Next add the yogurt to tapioca and gelatin mixture whisking until blended. This should take about 1 minute.
- Chill the mixture down on ice bath until cool. Then add cool whip lite folding into yogurt tapioca gelatin mixture. Carefully fold cool whip lite into yogurt tapioca gelatin until well combine.
- Pour yogurt tapioca gelatin mixture into glass dessert dishes. Cover and chill with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Remove Yogurt Tapioca Gelatin from refrigerator when firm about 4 hours. Take the plastic wrap off glass and wipe off any excess moisture. Then garnish with rosette of whipped cream or cool whip.
- Top with fresh berries or sliced strawberries. Then finally drizzle with chocolate sauce.
A wonderful topping for Berry Yogurt Tapioca Gelatin is Chocolate Mint Fudge Sauce