Spicy snack recipe that has a little “Kick in the Nuts”!! Just enough heat to say OMG and put a smile on your face in puzzling way. The spicy snack has peanuts, popcorn, chilies garlic paste, sugar and spices, roasted to perfection.
"Kick N' the Nuts" recipe!
Rate this recipe!
Spicy Kick in the Nuts mixture that has just enough Kick to say "Thanks I will have some more!" Use any type of nut mixture, I like to use peanuts because of the cost and flavor.
1. Wear heavy duty protective gloves when mincing finely the hot Chilies and garlic. Do not touch your eyes or other sensitive parts of your body, the natural capsicum oils from peppers will burn you!
2. Combine the minced Chilies, garlic, smoked paprika, Turbinado Sugar, Kosher Salt and canola oil together in a non reactive bowl. This should have a good reddish color to oil. Add the nuts stirring with spatula to evenly mix all ingredients together. Cover and let the nuts infuse their flavors for 2 days.
3. After a minimum of 2 days for nuts to infuse flavor, drain excess oil off nuts. Use a fine mesh strainer so only the oil is removed. Let strain for at least 5 minutes.
4. Pour the drained nuts onto a sheet tray and spread evenly over the whole tray. Then place in a 250°F oven and roast for about 30 minutes. Be sure to stir every 10 minutes to evenly roast nuts. Remove from oven and place Roasted Nuts into mixing bowl.
5. Add Hot Pepper Salt like my Lethal Injection Pepper Salt Blend to Roasted Nuts tossing mixture well until all is coated. Test nut mixture adjust seasoning to taste, until achieving right desired Kick.
Adding extra goodies to Kick N" the Nuts
Melt clarified butter in skillet, then add some Doritos Powder stirring in butter to combine. Note: if you desire a Nacho flavor profile.
Add your choice of extra goodies to Roasted Kick N' the Nuts, tossing all mixture until evenly combined. Drizzle the melted seasoned butter all over mixture. Toss the mixture again until all is coated well with the Kick N' the Nuts. If you like Nacho profile
Add your choice of extra goodies to Roasted Kick N' the Nuts, tossing all mixture until evenly combined. Drizzle the buttered caramel all over mixture. Toss the mixture again until all is coated well with the Kick N' the Nuts. If you like Sweet Caramel Kick N' the Nuts.
Place the total mixture of goodies back onto sheet tray, spread evenly over tray and bake in 250° oven for 20 minutes. Stir once over period of time to evenly bake the mixture. Remove from oven and cool.
Store the cooled mixture in zip lock bag. This is good for 1 week if it lasts that long. Happy smacking.